MANHATTAN , NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, January 10, 2023 /EINPresswire.com/ — NYC Therapeutic Wellness, a mental health practice in Manhattan, released a new guide on how to make a major decision. The guide provides expert insight into how to approach a difficult decision and make a confident, beneficial choice.
The therapist guide suggests developing a decision-making process and includes an example of a 7-step process, which includes:
1) Manage Stress: Mindfulness, exercise, relaxation, and other stress-reduction techniques can help the individual reduce feelings of pressure and make decisions with more clarity and peace.
2) Recognize Emotions: Fear, sadness, excitement, and other strong emotions can impact the decision-making process. People should take time to recognize and evaluate emotions before jumping into a major decision.
3) Explore All Options: Sometimes there are more than two alternatives to choose from. As part of the decision-making process, individuals should contemplate if there are any other options to consider.
4) Seek Objective Help: Outside perspective can be beneficial when making a difficult decision. The individual should consult with a trusted person who can listen and provide objective insights at this point in the process.
5) Consider Consequences: There are consequences â€“ good or bad â€“ for every decision. People should visualize possible outcomes for every option and how it might affect everyone involved.
6) Remember the Situation Is Unique: While outside help can be beneficial, itâ€™s also valuable to consider that the person making the decision and the situation is unique. The individual should consider their personal values and goals when making a firm decision.
7) Commit to the Decision: Once all the other steps in the process have been completed and a decision has been made, the individual should commit to the choice and start planning positive steps toward it.
The seven-step process is a strong example to follow for making decisions. Therapy is another helpful resource for making a major decision. If an individual is stuck in the decision-making process, frequently experiences intense stress about making decisions, or struggles to act or commit after a decision has been made, a therapist can provide valuable guidance.
NYC Therapeutic Wellness in Manhattan provides in-person and teletherapy appointments to help clients improve their mental well-being and meet their therapeutic goals. The practice provides individual and couples counseling. Visit the NYC Therapeutic Wellness website to learn more or schedule a therapy appointment today.
NYC Therapeutic Wellness
email us here